Burn Injuries are among the most traumatic injuries imaginable. Burn injury victims will often live the rest of their lives treating some of the most painful types of physical scars and emotional scars. Devastating physical scars serve as a painful and permanent reminder of the tragic accident that caused the extent of their injuries. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, requiring years or even life-long treatment and counseling, is common.
Common effects associated with burn injuries include
- Permanent scarring due to skin tissue damage
- Nerve damage
- Disfigurement and cosmetic deformities
- Multiple reconstructive and restorative surgeries
- Inability to sweat or perspire efficiently
- Loss of limbs due to injury-related amputation
- Inability to grow new skin
- Oversensitivity to heat, cold, or sunlight
- Lifelong emotional, psychological trauma
- Debilitating fear and emotional suffering
- Massive medical expenses
The harsh reality of burn injuries is that most of them could have been entirely preventable. Unfortunately, burn victims will have to live the rest of their lives undergoing medical treatments, rehabilitation, and surgeries. The financial impact could be devastating to you and your family.