Facing the hiring of an attorney to handle your car accident claim can be scary. After all, you’ve just been through a traumatic ordeal that involves extensive damage to your car and likely some pretty serious injuries. But now isn’t the time to second-guess yourself. Take charge of the situation, get treated for your injuries, and start calling local lawyers for free consultations to learn about your rights.
Here at Kuzyk Law, we firmly believe knowledge is power. That’s why we offer free initial consultations to anyone with questions in the aftermath of a car accident. Whether you assume your injuries aren’t serious enough to justify filing a claim or you know you need a lawyer but don’t know where to start, a face-to-face meeting can put your uncertainties to rest.
Many people simply wait too long to secure representation. Sadly, many common injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents become worse over time. More often than you may think, some medical issues may not fully show up for days, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) that can start out as minor headaches and progress in intensity from there.
Always seek immediate medical care. Then, it’s time to think about how you will obtain the financial means to pay for it. This is when you should consider hiring car accident attorneys in Riverside County who can advise you on the best course of action.
When Should You Hire a Lawyer?
Knowing if and when you should hire a lawyer is the first step. There are many scenarios that are best tackled by an attorney who specializes in auto accident law. The most common include:
- When severe or chronic injuries have been sustained, such as whiplash, TBI, or trauma to the spine.
- When medical bills are not completely covered by insurance, and you expect those costs to continue accruing.
- When you have to be out of work, translating to lost wages.
- When you are partially or permanently disabled from the accident.
If you are facing any of these circumstances, it’s wise to consult with car accident attorneys in Riverside County who have the means to fight large insurance companies and win.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
During the initial consultation, your attorney will ask you all about the accident. How did it happen in detail? What were your injuries? What was the damage to your car? Were there witnesses? Use this opportunity to get to know your attorney and be as truthful and thorough as possible.
Ask these questions of any lawyer you sit down with:
- How much do you charge? Many charge by the hour while others work on a contingency basis (like Kuzyk Law) which means they are only paid if you win your case.
- What is your area of expertise? Just because they’re personal injury lawyers doesn’t mean they handle your type of case daily. Some specialize in medical malpractice mostly, while others focus mainly on auto accident cases. Make sure you choose wisely.
- Who will be working on my case? Many law firms employ a team of experts who work on all cases to ensure the most successful outcome. This could range from a few lawyers to some paralegals to support staff members.
- What is my case worth? This can be difficult to assess exactly, but an experienced lawyer should be able to give you a ballpark figure based on your injuries and the details of the accident.
Contact The Car Accident Attorneys At Kuzyk Law Today!
If you have questions regarding your auto accident claim, we encourage you to come in for a free initial consultation to get the answers you deserve. Contact us at 661-945-6969.