With over 15 million commercial trucks in the United States, it’s no surprise that commercial trucks are involved in nearly half a million accidents per year, with the number of accidents steadily increasing over the years. As the likelihood of being involved in a trucking accident goes up, it becomes more important than ever to know that there is a Antelope Valley personal injury lawyer available to help you receive compensation.
As online shopping increases during this time of crisis, the number of trucks on our roads follows suit. While many truck drivers can and do safely complete their journeys, there are others who neglect to exercise proper caution. Accidents still happen as an endless demand for consumer goods and fast delivery creates overworked and tired drivers.
Kuzyk Law is a personal injury law firm in Lancaster, CA. We’ve served the people of the Antelope Valley since 1971.
If you have been involved in an accident with a semi-truck or trailer, don’t wait to contact an Antelope Valley personal injury attorney here at Kuzyk Law. Our attorneys handle cases just like yours every year. Contact us today and let us fight for you. We speak both English and Spanish – ¡Se Habla Español!
How Can An Antelope Valley Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
Personal injury law is serious – as serious as your injury, and as serious as the financial and emotional toll that an injury can take on a family.
Don’t let insurance companies bully you into insufficient compensation. Their business model is not to help you after an accident, their business model is to maximize profits by minimizing your payments after an accident.
We take every case seriously. Every person and every family who’s suffered lost wages, lost transport and mounting medical bills can attest that a tiny, one-time payment from an insurance company is not enough.
Kuzyk Law has been practicing for over 40 years, with over $1 billion in settlements and court victories. We are an efficient team of skilled attorneys with extensive experience in personal injury cases. We know the courts, we know the insurance companies, and we know the people of Antelope Valley.
Contact us today to talk about your personal injury case – we’ll make sure you get everything you are owed by insurance companies.
Where Is Kuzyk Law?
Kuzyk Law is located at:
1700 W. Ave. K, Suite 101
Lancaster, CA 93534
We serve people all over the Antelope Valley, including:
- Angeles Forest
- Canyon Country
- Quartz Hill
- …and all over Los Angeles County.
Statistics and Common Causes Of Commercial Truck Accidents
The economy is booming — unfortunately, so are truck crashes. Southern California is particularly prone to these devastating crashes thanks to its abundance of warehouse businesses and busy ports. Hundreds of commercial truck accidents occur on California roads every day, caused by ordinary or gross negligence.
So what are the most common causes of truck accidents? We can break them down into several categories.
- Passenger Car Fault. Most commercial truck accidents are caused by non-commercial vehicles who fail to respect commercial trucks. Passenger vehicles cause approximately 80% of accidents with large trucks, often by cutting in front of trucks or otherwise driving carelessly.
- Truck Driver Fault. Many accidents are caused by negligence on the part of a truck driver. Whether by failing to drive with care or actively violating traffic laws, truck drivers may cause accidents by:
- Driving fatigued
- Reckless or distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Texting while driving
- Company Fault. In some instances, the trucking company can be held responsible for negligence when a trucking accident occurs. Whether intentionally or not, companies that have been found to have violated safety requirements or state or federal regulations may be held liable for injuries or damages caused by the accident. Some examples of company negligence include:
- Improper maintenance
- Improper driver hiring and training
- Improper loading
- Allowing a driver to operate negligently
- Encouraging drivers to act unsafely
- Other Causes. Truck accidents may also be caused by variables outside of the driver’s or companies’ control. These include events such as:
- Adverse weather conditions
- Mechanical defects
- Unsafe road conditions
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCS) has placed strict guidelines on truck drivers that limit their hours and enforce safety regulations. When these guidelines are ignored, crashes, injuries, or fatalities are too often the result. Because trucks weigh more than 20 times as much as an ordinary passenger vehicle,passenger cars almost always come out the loser.
Accidents can be devastating, even without fatalities. Our personal injury attorneys are here to make the process of receiving compensation easier for you.
How an Antelope Valley Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Having an experienced AV personal injury lawyer on your side after a commercial truck accident could mean the difference between receiving compensation or not. The Antelope Valley personal injury lawyers at Kuzyk Law can help you or a loved one who has been involved in an accident. Seeking financial compensation is oftentimes the only way to make up lost wages, pay for hospital bills, and hold the negligent parties accountable for their actions.
When you call us, our personal injury attorneys will:
- Explain your rights and any time limits that must be followed, and discuss what sort of compensation you may expect to receive
- Provide advice throughout the filing process to ensure you make the best decisions for yourself or your loved one
- Provide access to skilled medical professionals if you haven’t already found a medical provider
- Ensure that you receive the maximum possible compensation.
- Negotiate, mediate or — in extreme cases — take the responsible party to court
- Represent you in court should your claim be denied
Getting the Help You Need After A Commercial Truck Accident
Besides obtaining medical treatment, one of the first and most important things you can do after being involved in a commercial truck accident is reach out to a professional personal injury lawyer in Antelope Valley at Kuzyk Law.
If you are in an accident, the Statute of Limitations requires that a complaint be filed within a set period of time. It is important to get advice from one of our personal injury attorneys as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to obtain everything that is owed to you. Not every Antelope Valley personal injury lawyer is right for settling and litigating truck accident cases; it is of utmost importance to work with an experienced and professional lawyer like those at Kuzyk Law. We offer decades of experience in a variety of case types.
Our truck accident lawyers will inform you of your rights and guide you through the process of receiving compensation. While you or your family member is recovering emotionally and physically from the accident, we will help you file your lawsuit and arrange a settlement with the trucking or insurance company that has wronged you. Though most cases are settled amicably through negotiation and mediation, we are not afraid to take your matter to court, where we will fight on your behalf so that you receive the compensation that you’re entitled to.
Contact The Antelope Valley Personal Injury Lawyers At Kuzyk Law Today
We’ve been fighting hard for injured victims just like you for over 43 years. You can learn more about our experienced team and hear from our satisfied clients on our site.
Our Antelope Valley personal injury lawyers negotiate on your behalf so that you can receive the maximum reimbursement and compensations for damages, pain, and suffering, medical bills, lost earnings and other hardships that you have suffered. If you don’t already have medical doctors helping you, we can recommend excellent doctors that can help you on a lien basis.