Distracted driving is one of the most dangerous things a person can do.
Auto accidents can be devastating. There’s no reason to increase your risk of a crash. Cut out bad habits like texting while driving before it’s too late.
Share This Infographic On Your Site!
Copy and paste this code:
Tips to Avoid Distracted Driving
• 9 fatal accidents happen every day in America because of texting while driving
• 5 seconds average to send a text at 55mph means driving the length of an entire football field without looking
• There are 5,687,000 total crashes in the USA with 26% estimated cell phone use in all motor vehicle crashes.
74% of crashes caused by other
• Means 1,500,000 crashes caused by distracted driving.
• Distracted driving accidents by vehicle type:
Passenger car 40% Light truck 38% Bus 1%
Motorcycle 11% Large truck 8%
• People killed by distracted driving accidents:
Driver 61% Passenger 24% Other 1%
Pedestrian 12% Cyclist 2%
3 Types of Distracted Driving
Where you take your eyes off the road and your surroundings
Where you take your hands off the steering wheel
Where your brain concentrates on something other than safe driving
Texting takes all three. So don’t do it.