After a car accident, time seems to stand still. Not only are you dealing with damage to your vehicle, you’re also feeling the effects of the crash with injuries that may impair you for some time to come. The last thing you want to think about is the legality of it all and how you can be compensated for those injuries. Yet, one of the most important things you can do to secure a stable financial future for yourself or a loved one after an accident is to consult with a lawyer — after seeking medical help first of course.
Unfortunately, auto accidents involving cars, big commercial trucks and motorcycles are common in Lancaster due to the busy nature of the main thoroughfares, congested streets, and highways in and out of the area along the desert. There’s no reason to live in financial disrepair after your accident. Let us help. Call Kuzyk Law now at 661-945-6969. We are here for you 24/7.
Before hiring a Lancaster car accident attorney, it’s vital that you get your ducks in a row and have a plan of what you’re going to ask during your free consultation. Here are some must-ask questions when hiring a Lancaster accident lawyer.
Question #1: What is your background and experience?
This is the best way to get a good feel for who your lawyer is as a person, along with whether or not they’re qualified to help you. Consider asking a combination of these questions:
- Where did you go to school?
- Do you belong to a professional organization?
- How long have you been practicing law in the LA area?
- Do you specialize in personal injury law?
- Do you represent many accident victims? What makes up the bulk of your practice?
- Have you defended cases like mine before? If so, how many?
Question #2: How do you assess my particular case?
Be sure to bring your case history with you to the meeting. This should include everything from the accident report to your medical records to bills you have received from that medical care. You’ll also need insurance letters and photos of your injuries and the accident scene. Share this paperwork with the attorney and explain the events. Ask these questions:
- What works in our favor? Against us?
- Do you think this case could go to trial?
- What kind of financial compensation can I expect to receive?
- Is mediation or arbitration possible?
- What’s the anticipated timeline?
Question #3: How will you manage my case?
Every firm manages their cases in a different way. Some have a whole team dedicated to a variety of cases. Others have one lawyer who handles the case from start to finish. Know who your point of contact will be so you can always get in touch with them going forward.
- Will you handle my case or pass it to another attorney within the practice?
- Will you be there for all negotiations and court appearances?
- Do you offer routine updates on my case? If so, how often?
- What is the best way to contact you?
Question #4: Can you provide me with an estimate of my costs?
This is difficult for any car accident lawyer to address properly, as there are many variables at stake. However, it’s OK to ask additional questions that assist you in understanding what you can be expected to pay.
- Do you charge an hourly rate or a contingency fee?
- Do I have to pay you a retainer fee?
- If we lose the case or adequate settlement, do I owe you money?
- Can you estimate anticipated expenses?
- How much might I take home after the legal fees and expenses?
Asking these and other questions of your attorney in Lancaster will better help you determine who will best be able to represent you. If you are seeking an accomplished and experienced Lancaster accident lawyer, we are here to help.
Contact Kuzyk Law
If you have been the victim of a car crash, you need the qualified services of a Lancaster car accident attorney. You need to call Kuzyk Law now to recover your damages at 661-945-6969. You shouldn’t have to pay for the poor choices someone else made. Get medical help then make the call to us.