What About Claims That are Filed Against the Government?

In some cases, personal injury accidents involve governmental agencies. Injury claims such as these may involve a collision or other event that involves the government in some way, whether on a city, county, state or national level. These cases are subject to special rules and therefore need to be handled a bit differently.

There are strict guidelines pertaining to government-involved personal injury claims, most notably the filing of Notice to Claim within a very short time after your injury.


Government agencies are entitled to liability immunity, which means they cannot be sued without getting explicit permission thanks to laws called Tort Claims Acts.

Prompt notice is key here.

Filing a Notice of Claim

Government Involved Personal Injury Claims
You must file a Notice of Claim with the correct governmental agency right after your injury in order to properly process and expedite this kind of claim.

You only have a very short time in which to do so.

If you suspect the government is involved in your case, notify Kuzyk Law immediately. Delaying the transfer of this information can prove detrimental to your case.

For example, if you delay telling us this information, you could forfeit your right to file a claim against the government, and thus lose your right to adequate monetary compensation.

Contact Us

Kuzyk Law can help you complete and send the Notice to Claim within the parameters of the law and in a timely manner.
Please call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 661-945-6969.

It is critical that you notify us of this immediately to get the compensation you rightfully deserve.

Back to FAQs