Traumatic brain injuries, or TBIs, are among the most debilitating injuries one can sustain – not to mention one of the most costly. Adequate compensation will be required to address short- and long-term needs, which may stretch on for months, years or a lifetime in many cases.
If you or a loved one sustained traumatic brain injuries in an accident stemming from the negligence of others, you need to partner with a qualified lawyer who will vigilantly manage all aspects of your case. Whether from a car crash, violent blow to the head, or slip and fall, a TBI is a devastating injury that is vast and complex – in major part due to the fact that the full extent of the injury doesn’t always play out right away.
You may find that weeks or months later, your injury is getting worse, with dire outcomes in terms of cognitive and physical abilities. An experienced traumatic brain injury attorney will help you recover full compensation so you can continue to pay your bills despite perhaps not being able to work.
It can be daunting to find the right Garden Grove brain injury lawyers to handle your case, especially as you navigate this difficult time. Look no further than us for help.
Have you been victimized by a TBI? Call Kuzyk Law now for a free, no-obligation consultation at 661-945-6969.
Here’s how to choose the best brain injury lawyer in Garden Grove.
The whole reason why lawyers offer free consultations is to hear the details of your accident and injury, and determine if you have a case. The second half of that equation is to give you an opportunity to ask questions.
Some of the questions you should ask during an initial consultation include:
- How many TBI cases do you handle each year?
- Which member of your firm has the most experience handling brain injury cases similar to mine?
- What is the standard financial recovery for my type of brain injury?
- Can you speak to the strengths and weaknesses of my claim?
- Will my claim include the cost of long-term cognitive therapy and treatment?
- Will my claim compensate me for lost wages and future income if I am unable to work?
- Do you consult with any brain specialists who can help my case?
- How do you calculate the value of my case?
- What results have you had with other victims with similar injuries?
Your Garden Grove brain injury lawyers must have familiarity with the special concerns associated with traumatic brain injury. They should know the common causes of these injuries, the nature of how brain injury and recovery works, how to determine liability, and what the long-term financial costs are of treating a TBI.
They should know, for instance, that:
- Each year, 1.5 million Americans sustain a TBI, according to the CDC.
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of TBI resulting in hospitalization, followed by violence (such as assaults involving firearms), with accidental falls coming in third (the leading cause of TBI in the elderly).
- 3 million Americans live with a TBI-related disability.
Calculating the Financial Cost
The best brain injury attorneys will have extensive experience in the quantification of the total financial impact that an injury will have on the victim’s future. They will then demand the maximum amount of compensation that is appropriate for the case. The best lawyer can also determine whether spouses or partners have the right to bring a claim for loss of consortium. This would compensate them in regards to the suffering and losses that they face as a result of your traumatic brain injury.
Going Beyond Cost
For victims of TBI, the financial cost is just part of the burden. The impairments and disabilities over the long haul that come with TBI are far-reaching and grave, with the full cost being incalculable. Because TBI disabilities are not readily apparent to the public (compared with a broken leg, for instance), TBI is known as the invisible epidemic. Resulting disabilities can arise from cognitive, emotional, sensory and motor impairments, and can permanently alter a person’s life, how they work, how they interact socially and how they hold onto family relationships.
Contact Kuzyk Law
Injuries associated with TBIs cost a lot of money. You’re trying your best to recover, but those medical bills won’t stop flooding your mailbox. You may not be able to work for a while; in the worst cases, you may not be able to ever work again. Are you prepared for a lifetime of lost wages? You need vigorous representation to recover full damages to ensure your family will be financially sound in the wake of your injury.
Call Kuzyk Law now for a free, no-obligation consultation at 661-945-6969.